A few years ago, online learning was about the user sitting in front of the computer to complete a plain and boring course. There was no room for clarifying doubts, interacting or sharing opinions. But as the way we consume content continues to evolve, so does the way we approach training. Now, training managers have to look for training solutions that engage their user. And this is where interactivity makes its grand entrance.
Adding interactive content to an online course is one of the keys to ensuring its effectiveness. When your audience feels like they’re actively participating in your training course, their motivation, critical thinking and engagement are instantly increased.
If you want to know more about how to incorporate it effectively into your training, and the types of interactive content that you can use, find out below ?.
Best practices to ensure the effectiveness of interactive content
In order for this type of content to be useful, there are certain techniques and tips that you can follow.
For example, add questions about your content. With these, you can encourage active learning, facilitate understanding of concepts and achieve your training objectives fastrer. They can be included in various formats (read on if you want to know how to do it in a fun way!).
On the other hand, if you want to save time creating content and promote social learning, add content generated by the users themselves. This way, they can contribute with their expertise to improve the quality of your course, reinforcing your company’s culture.
In this post, we’ll tell you about all the benefits of employee-generated learning and why you should implement it in your company.
As a final step, make virtual activities available to your audience. It will make the learning process smoother and more enjoyable. For example, you can conduct Q&A sessions or assessments to encourage your users to engage with you, with the content, and each other, increasing their collaboration and engagement.
Types of interactive content you can add to your e-learning courses
As you know, our brain is configured to interact through visual elements. These are more easily grasped than a text, and even more so if they are interactive. So, don’t hesitate to incorporate them into your e-learning courses to better ‘sell’ your content and facilitate learning.
With isEazy, you can add the following types of interactive content to your courses:
Infographics, graphics and images
1. Cards. With these, the user can discover what is hidden behind them, adding a touch of ‘mystery’ that makes them want to know more ?.
At isEazy, we have just launched the new interactive Slider, so the user can view the content by simply dragging the tab. It’s very useful if you want to show a ‘before and after’ or to compare two images.
2. Linked scenes. They allow you to connect several images and navigate between them, recreating different types of situations. This way, you can create exercises that make it much easier to associate concepts and ideas.
3. Hot spots. Place relevant information in specific parts of your images and let your audience discover it by clicking on each of them.
4. Infographics. Use diagrams to convey your content in an entertaining and visually appealing way. Displaying the information in this new way will make it more interesting and user-friendly. Try it, you’ll love it!
5. Graphics. Because percentages and figures in general are usually a great way to hook the audience, incorporate them in the most visually appealing way possible. You will get the information to sink in much faster, while making it more dynamic by presenting the data in a different way.
6. Audio. Elements like podcasts or interviews are great for integrating information told by others, which can even enhance your content.
7. Video. It is an agile and entertaining format that connects with the audience instantly, providing context and facilitating storytelling. In this post, find out all about the use of corporate videos in e-learning and the best ways to incorporate them.
8. Interactive video. This is even better than the traditional format because it requires active participation. With the new interactive video feature from isEazy, you can create them in just a few steps, adding questions or complementary information at the point you want and reinforce ideas effortlessly. A real treat ?.
9. ABC. We really love the typical question and answer exercises! Probably one of the most effective formats to ensure (and self-assess) whether that knowledge is being understood correctly.
10. Sort. One image, several choices for answers. Drag & drop dynamics make your content much more agile and fun. Engage them through these types of exercises and you’ll hook your audience instantly.
11. Fill in the blanks. Complete the sentence by choosing the correct answer from the incomplete texts. This format is perfect to provide more context to the exercise.
12. The alphabet game. The classic game of definitions is great for reinforcing important concepts in a short time. A way for your audience to learn without even realizing it.
13. Trivia. Feeling like a kid again, your audience will be able to answer questions from the categories you have entered. Simply click on the wheel and answer the questions until the circle is complete.
14. Swipe. In this addictive game, your students will be able to classify the cards according to the option that corresponds to them, competing against the clock!
You know that what is not measured cannot be improved, so include tests and final assessments in your courses to gauge how concepts are being assimilated.
With isEazy, you can create them in just minutes and add as many attempts as you want. You can even establish a passing score and have a question bank, so they won’t be repeated if your users attempt it several times. As you can see, there are endless advantages.
Hey! One last thing … apart from choosing the type of interactive content that best suits your audience’s needs, simplify the whole process with a content creation tool that offers you these ready-made, ready-to-use resources. And if it allows you to include external content from other platforms, all the better. Start maximizing your time, work and knowledge with isEazy now!