There have been many developments at isEazy lately. First there were the slide template systems, with which you can create courses much more quickly. Now the new express courses have arrived. Have you tried them yet?
We’ve created the express courses for those moments when you need to create short, simple content maintaining, of course, all interactivity and gamification options. That’s why the express courses can only have a maximum of 10 slides. The real novelty is the browsing method. You’ll see that it is vertical, making it ideal for reading on smartphones.
But when is it best to use express courses? And what about classic courses? In this article we’ll give you some ideas.
Express Courses: simplicity, mobility, and micro-learning
There is certain content that is by nature very short and needs to be taken in very quickly. We’re talking about what is known as micro-learning: small training pills taken in just a few minutes. In these cases, it is best to use express courses. Here are some examples:
- When it’s convenient for the course format to be vertical, without the need for going from one slide to another. This is usually recommended for reduced content, quickly taken in, but at the same time you want it to be attractive for your reader, like in the case of a corporate correspondence message;
- When you want to create a newsletter-type presentation, which are normally made in vertical format. In addition, it makes it ideal for reading on smartphones;
- If you need to create a micro-learning-type training content—your content is brief and direct, and you estimate that it will take between 5 and 15 minutes to complete. This type of content adapts perfectly to the maximum 10 slides that the express course format allows. Thus, you make sure to use a simple browsing method for content that is simple as well;
- when you know that your users don’t have access to a personal computer and will probably view the course on their mobile devices. It does not mean that the classic course doesn’t work on smartphones, but that the express is more convenient, since vertical browsing is ideal for mobile devices;
- If you’re going to create a course where there is only one section or chapter, it would make no sense to create a classic one with only one section—the express course is just perfect in these cases.
Classic course: in-depth content and screen maximization
Classic courses are considered for more extensive and complex content, since they don’t have the 10-slide limit of Express courses. In addition, they allow you to organize the content in sections and subsections, which adds structure, as well as a table of content to your course. These are some of the cases for which classic courses are ideal:
- When you have a PowerPoint-type presentation, but you want this information to be presented in a much more interactive and attractive way;
- For longer traditional courses, when you need several sections. As you already know, express courses are limited to just 10 slides;
- If your course users are going to do the training on the computer. Both types of courses (classic and express) are compatible with all types of devices. However, just like we told you that express courses are ideal for viewing on smartphones (vertical format), it is also true that classic courses are ideal for viewing on a computer screen, because they take the most advantage of the horizontal format of the screen when reproduced on a computer.
What do classic and express courses have in common?
Both types of courses maintain isEazy‘s potential regarding settings, interactivity and distribution modes. Simply put: with the new express courses you now have another option when creating your content. In this sense, classic and express courses share:
- All learning resources (cards, galleries, linked images, hotspots, activities or games) can be implemented the same way in both course types;
- The new template system is applicable in both;
- Customization elements such as color, background or language;
- The final message when the course is completed appears in both cases;
- The final test with all its characteristics can be added in the same way in both the classic and express courses;
- You can always use the distribution mode that you prefer: link, SCORM publication for a training platform (LMS) or publication for intranet/web.
See it for yourself, try for free and discover the differences between express and a classic courses. You can do so now registering in isEazy. With the free-trial account you can create up to three courses. Make the most of all the advantages isEazy offers you!