Online training options as regards learning courses are growing every day. Visual and multimedia formats are winning out against written text because communication is fast and easily absorbed. That’s why infographics, which began in the written media and were imported with great success onto the Internet, are now a star resource as part of learning within an online course.
What an infographic is
An infographic is an item of communication mainly made up of three elements: text, images and data. What’s more, in the online environment, this item of communication may be interactive, that is, requiring an action by the student to show all the content. This allows you to include a huge volume of information on a single screen without stressing and overloading your students. Interesting, right?
The problem is that, until now, creating a good infographic required both time and knowledge of design. But this has changed and now you, with no knowledge, can create fantastic infographics like this one. Do you want to know how? Read on!
Advantages of using infographics
Nowadays infographics are the key communication element on the Internet due to their multiple advantages. Let’s look at some of them:
- They clarify and summarize
- They organize information
- They reveal relationships that are not visible at first sight
- They improve comprehension
- They make it easier to retain and remember
With all these advantages, what are you waiting for to include infographics in your online courses? Below are some examples of their use.
Why use infographics
The possibilities of infographics as a learning resource are almost infinite. Here we show you some examples so you can apply them in your courses from now on:
- Organize information into a hierarchy: you can put a series of elements in order of importance. For example, the most important ones at the apex of a pyramid, or at the beginning of a diagram or process. Think about the food pyramid, or about the hierarchical structure of an organization.
- Break down into parts: when you want to teach some complex concept, it’s best to break it down into smaller parts, going from the general to the particular and offering your students a comprehensive view. An infographic is the perfect resource for that. You could use it, for example, to explain the departments that make up your company, or the parts of your product.
- Sketch a process: a process is usually something complex and tedious. With an infographic, it can be easily viewed step by step. Your product’s production process, the customer’s purchase process or internal process such as the request for and approval of vacations are good examples.
- Establish the cause and effect of a situation: the before and after, the reason why or the result of an action. With an infographic, the cause and the consequence are easily linked.
- Timeline or chronology: for example, you can represent the history of your company in a circle diagram. You can add a lot of information, but the result will be very visual and the key moments will be easy to remember.
Infographics in isEazy
At isEazy we couldn’t ignore this trend. Therefore, in recent months, we’ve worked hard to include this resource in our catalogue. The result is that now you can build wonderful interactive infographics like these without needing to know anything about design or programming.
As you see in the image, we’ve included three types of infographics:
- Horizontal panels: it shows each element of the infographics in a horizontal sector.
- Pyramid: it represents the information in the form of a pyramid, adding one floor for each element of the infographic.
- Sectors: it organizes the information as a circle diagram, with one sector for each element of the infographic.
What can you configure in your isEazy infographics?
isEazy infographics are very flexible, and they allows you to adapt them to the content very simply. When you create your infographic, you can change colors, and add images, icons and texts.
You can see what the infographic is looking like as you build it, and change the parameters to suit your taste at any time. You’ll see that there’s nothing to it, it’s as easy as the rest of isEazy’s functionalities.
Do you feel like trying it?